OK, I can finally talk about this one

I have said time and again that I do not make news, I just report it. So, if I know about a deal (whether I am working on it or not), I don't leak it. Not my job, and I do not even want to think about the privilege and confidentiality issues that abound. (I also don't want my clients worrying about it.)

The good news is that GlobeSt.com reported today that a deal I worked on last year, the redevelopment of the New City YMCA property in Chicago, is moving along. Roundy's Supermarkets, which we discussed here recently, has signed an 80,000 sf lease. (Full disclosure: I did not negotiate that deal.) Other tenants are in the works, and, as my friend Jeff Berta says, “Unfortunately, we cannot announce any particular names at this time.” They are still talking about how to deal with some of the residential portions of the property.

I'm looking forward to a summer groundbreaking for multiple reasons.