Home » , » How about golden arches on top while you are at it?

How about golden arches on top while you are at it?

I've always been intrigued by Chicago's Marina City, the corncob-looking twin towers at State Street and the Chicago River designed by Bertrand Goldberg and built in 1964.

As a purist, I did not like it when Smith and Wollensky came to town and put a New York style facade on the ground floor. I just hated the look.

Now I hear that Dick's Last Resort (which I like, by the way) wants to move there too and add outdoor seating and, well, its unique brand of service to the mix.

Come on, people. Landmark this iconic building already. And put Dick's where it belongs, more north in River North or keep it near Navy Pier.

Also see Pulitzer Prize winner Blair Kamin's blog for more.