Home » , , , » All Quiet on All Fronts?

All Quiet on All Fronts?

While I have some projects I am working on, things are admittedly quieter than normal right now. Some of this is because it is January, which is usually a slow month. Some of it, however, is because of the economy. Many players still seem to be in a wait-and-see mode, and they are not bashful about. Another reason is capital, as some lenders are cutting back on deal flow, TARP money notwithstanding. (Kudos, however, to U.S. Bancorp, SunTrust Banks Inc. and BB&T Corp. for taking TARP money and upping lending activity.)

But I know I am not alone. My colleagues in the CRE blogosphere are not posting as much either. One exception is in retail where David Bodamer is chronicling the job cuts, store closures and liquidations. The latest is at Home Depot, which among other whackings is shuttering its Expo concept. I'll admit this: I used to shop there a lot but never bought a thing because I ould find it cheaper elsewhere. Those big boxes should interesting to deal with.

I still intend to keep to roughly a thrice-a-week writing schedule. If you have any topics you've been dying to see something about, let me know.