Home » » Let's get new homes built -- not

Let's get new homes built -- not

So, now I read the Department of Labor is investigating several major home builders. Why?

A copy of one letter, dated Aug. 1 and reviewed by The Wall Street Journal, said the department was opening a probe under the Fair Labor Standards Act, which governs matters such as overtime pay and limits on using teen workers.
The letter instructed the home builder to immediately turn over the names, addresses, Social Security numbers, pay rates and hours worked for all employees over the past two years. It asked the names of all contractors hired in the past year. The letter didn't allege any specific violations of law.
I guess we'll see how this plays out.  I try hard not to get into the political side of these things, so I will not do so here.  Whether I agree or disagree with this is immaterial, because I can honestly see both sides of the issue.  But I WILL say that this is not going to get any new homes built, though.  And that's not good.