Home » » Fidelity National to acquire LandAmerica

Fidelity National to acquire LandAmerica

As an agent for LandAmerica, thanks to my ownership interest in River West National Title, I was wondering about the company's future. The stock was down about 90% this year and 3Q financials were delayed. I figured the company was looking for a buyer (no easy feat in this market) or a Chapter 11.

We got the former. Subject to the usual contingencies -- and presumably antitrust approval -- Fidelity National's buying the company. Here's the press release. You'll know Fidelity better in Chicago through brands such as Chicago Title and Ticor, just as LandAmerica is better known through Lawyers Title and Commonwealth.

I don't know what impact this will have on our operations, but I hope of course it will be a good one. We'll just have to see how this all plays out. So many people in the industry have lost their jobs lately that you need a scorecard to figure out who is left.