Home » » Jamie's back in town

Jamie's back in town

The New York Times and Legal Week both report that bankruptcy and restructuring guru Jamie Sprayregen is returning to Kirkland & Ellis, where he was before going to Goldman Sachs for a stint as a managing director.

According to the Times:
“I missed the practice of law,” Mr. Sprayregen, 48, said. “What I’ve learned from Goldman, the financial expertise I’ve gained, will hold me in good stead and will be extremely helpful on the lawyer side of restructuring.”
I don't know Jamie personally, but I was just talking about him with a colleague a week or two ago, and my colleague saw this coming because s/he thought that a lawyer as good as Jamie would want to be in the thick of things, what with bankruptcies going on everywhere these days. Face it -- the guy is as good as it gets and has the billable rate to go with it.

So here it is. Now, to be technical, I don't know whether Jamie's coming to Chicago or whether he'll work out of Kirkland's New York office. But that hardly matters. Score another big one for Kirkland.